So I decided at the last minute to take part in NaNo and write 50,000 words in November. Mainly because I didn’t want to edit the project I’d just finished.
And… I started five days late.So much fun, that. Being behind on things. I suppose it makes life more exciting and keeps one moving though. Because I’m ahead in NaNo now and even took some time off. Regardless, the reason I started late was completely worth it.
I organized a Story Embers retreat! It was with fairly ‘local’ Story Embers forum members. Only a small group, but we got together for a weekend at a state park and had a great time. Games, talking, hiking, swimming (and catching a spider floating in the pool), writing based off the same prompt. Oh, yeah. And sais.
I brought my sais with me and we carried them around the whole place. It was great.
Anyway, I’m hoping to do something like this again next year. We’ll see.
- Wrote Shadowkeeper (without an outline, may I say). It is currently 16k long
- Published a short story on Story Embers entitled Shadow Heir.
- Wrote a flash fiction piece for fun. I’ve got to do more of those.
- Reworked my site
- Preparing to correct Rebel Heir
- Half done with Healer of Lacrecia
Goals for December:
- Finish Healer of Lacrecia
- Correct Shadowkeeper
- Start correcting Rebel Heir