Life is… work, mainly. Work and writing. I have two part-time jobs, for those who might not know. I make machine-knit hats for a cool little place called James Townsend & Son. I also work at Culvers around 15 hours a week.
And write, of course. I generally manage to get two hours in. I think… depends.
January has been same old, same old.
I saw The Greatest Showman and loved it. The arcs and plot were cool, even if costumes or such might not be historically accurate. (Townsends, btw, made some of those costumes).
I’ve been trying to read a lot. Pretty much failing at that ‘a lot’ part, but getting some things done all the same. I’m over 700 pages into Oathbringer so that’s what… about half done?
Writing, writing, and writing some more. Have a picture as proof.
- Finished the rough draft of The Stealthmaster’s Shadow at 34,090 words
- Came up with the name Marsadon to replace Cember Earth
- Finished part three as I correct Fidelyon
- Created random marking checklists and working on speeding up my website
Goals for February:
- Send The Stealthmaster’s Shadow to beta readers and work another round or two of corrections
- Correct part four of Fidelyon
- Outline the theme and arcs of Scarlet Rose and outline the first book
- English to Latin because it can be a great way to find names. Except for when ancient languages don’t oblige and have dull roots that won’t work for an epic name.
So a few friends were making collages of them, so I tried my hand at it. I like the result. What do you think?
What have you been up to this January? Any new books or great songs or fun collages?