So this month has been insane. Don’t look at me like that. I know I say that every month, but really…I’m not doing NaNo every month. Writing around 2000 words a day isn’t so hard. Writing 2000 words a day while still trying to keep up on all my other writing and work is another thing. But I survived. Unless my ghost is writing this and I’ve just been too busy to notice the transition.
NaNo, obviously. But it hasn’t just been NaNo.
I went and saw Doctor Strange! In 3D! 3D is so cool. The depth is worth the slight trouble of keeping the 3D glasses in position. I enjoyed the story and I loved the characters. The costumes! *rubs hands together* Then there was that cape with a personality of it’s own… So cool.
Then, later in the month, Joy, Liberty, and I took a trip to the mall. Well, Joy and I took Liberty there because she hadn’t been there before. The most memorable part was running up a escalator going down, because the up one wasn’t working and we thought it would be more fun than actually going to the real stairs and just walking up them.
And, one evening, I dressed up and Joy took these photos of me.
Yes. Fun stuff.
From the mouths of children:
I like to scribble down funny lines I hear others say. And with eight younger siblings, I pick up a random assortment of logic and thoughts.
Me: the sound teeth make when they are chatter is cool
Joy: It’s not cool. It’s your bones clattering against each other.
My eleven-year-old brother at breakfast: Gravity keeps us down so if there were a hole through the middle of the earth, would you fall through or would you fall to the bottom and stop?
My four-year-old sister after coming in from playing outside in the dark: It is so fun out in the darkness.
Did I mention I did NaNo this year? My novelette which prequals my Beauty and the Beast retelling is done, though it needs lots of work. And my Beauty and the Beast novella is almost done. I’m on track for getting it (and NaNo) done by November 30th.
- Shadows of the Harsweald is going well. I should have it open for beta reading in a few weeks. If you want to get notifications when it is ready, you can sign up here.
- I’m going over Fidelyon still, working on beta reader feedback and clipping. It’s going well.
- Scarlet Rose has been sadly neglected, but I’m hoping to get moving on that more this month
- A bit late, but here’s my article about NaNo on Kingdom Pen from earlier this month: Three Tactics for Battling though NaNo.
- A flashback article – Building your Inspiration PortfolioBuilding your Inspiration Portfolio.
- Oh, and I’ve started another Fiverr Gig…this one to format ebooks. You can check out the details herehere.
I love these INTJ pictures from Pinterest…
Has anyone seen Poldark? I’m really enjoying it, though I detest Ross at this moment.
What have you been up to this month? Did you do NaNo? Have you seen Poldark? Everyone listening to Christmas music by now? Are any of you going Black Friday shopping?
Interested in being on the inside of the publication and marketing process, helping me take over the hearts and minds of the world one story at a time? Join my street team…ahem, army, the Legendaires. Click here for more information.