I know, I know… It’s June. But I’m only two days late, and I have a valid excuse. It’s this blog, mainly. Notice anything looking different? *grins* I’ve switched to paid hosting and have everything on one website now, instead of two. It took about a week of working and waiting and more working and more waiting… I didn’t realize it took a week for domain names to transfer. But it’s set up now, and I’m very happy.
Only two minor details. The first is that I figured out how to transfer my followers from my wordpress.com site to wordpress.org! The only note is that, if you were following me through WordPress instead of by email, you’ll get notifications in your WordPress reader about a new post but you won’t get an email when I create a post like you might have before. Second, commenting is slightly more a pain in this template. One actually has to click on a post to comment. I don’t think that will be too big of a deal, though.
Life is good. Life is also crazy. I went to a Memorial Day outreach Monday. Saturday is a wedding, Sunday I have my first ever official sleep-over (yes, I’m 22 and this is the first ‘real’ sleep-over I’ve had). Then, next Wednesday night, I’ll be taking a train to Pittsburgh for a Kingdom Pen retreat and won’t return until Sunday night. I’m looking forward to that, but the train trip is overnight both ways and I sometimes get migraines when I’m really tired. I don’t want to get one while on the train or at the retreat, so prayers would be appreciated.
- Scarlet Rose: Not telling. It’s way less than I should have done…somewhere in the vicinity of five chapters. I’ll get moving on it more this month. Or next month…
- Fidelyon: 14,447 words/6 chapters rewritten – again, not as much as I’d like. But blog and Rose of the Oath took up extra time this month.
- Rose of the Night: PUBLISHED! Check out more here
- Rose of the Oath: SET FOR PREORDER!
- Pricematch Rose of the Oath down to free and publish
- Finish part 3 of Scarlet Rose
- Fidelyon… as much as I can get done; another 10-15 chapters
- How long does a stab wound to the lung take to heal why can’t you just give me one single answer, Google? On another note, it is fascinating to see how many other writers have already asked this question
- Recovery time for a stab wound to the chest at which point I remembered I had an Aunt who was a respiratory therapist. Twenty minutes of texting and details such as age and health and I got solid answers – collapsed lung: 2-3 weeks healing, 4-5 weeks before in fighting condition, barring infection and complications. Every writer needs an Aunt who knows medical stuff
- What is the front of a ship called? yes… I did just ask that
- Flowers that mean sorrow Did the author of Hunger Games have any idea that Primrose means something along the lines of ‘can’t live without’? I did not need that…
- Pictures of hazel eyes cause you need pictures if you’re to describe something properly
- How long to apply a brand to the skin 30 to 60 seconds for a good brand. Ouch. I’m… I’m so sorry. Also, people apparently brand themselves for fun, like tattoos, only much more painful. *shudders*
- And another article for Kingdom Pen: How to Use Personality Types to Deepen Your Characters
A vlog! You thought I’d forgotten, didn’t you? Actually, you probably forgot about it… Nevermind. Here is May’s Vlog.
Let’s chat! What have you been up to? How are your writing projects going? Have you ever traveled in a train before?