Not much has been going on this month. By which I mean, nothing much to write under a general ‘life’ entry. I have been busy, but that is under my writing entry below – writing pretty much is my life…
But it is getting warmer and the sun shines more often, so that is something.
Oh, and I went bowling for the first time this month. I enjoyed it very much, even if I’ve hardly any clue what I’m doing. I did win the last game, despite my ignorance, so I was starting to get something right.
This month has been mainly swallowed up in publishing Shadows of the Hersweald and trying to ignore things that will be happening over the next few months (like driving to a destination three hours away on my own this coming Saturday. But I’ll have maps and detailed instructions and a phone, so it should be fine.)
Shadows of the Hersweald
- Check out my free short story, Mercy of Fate, a prequel to Shadows of the Hersweald. Click HERE to claim your copy!
- I’m sure you’ve heard about it plenty by now, but Shadows of the Hersweald is published. You can check out my Hansel and Gretel retelling by clicking HERE.
- Scarlet Rose – correcting/rewriting: 18,741 words/part 2 finished
- Fidelyon: 30,188 words/12 chapters rewritten
- Shadows of the Hersweald: Finished
- Rose of the Night: working on beta reader corrections
- Rose of the Oath: sent off to beta readers
- Finish Rose of the Night and send it to an editor
- Get Rose of the Oath to the final polishing stage
- Write part 3 of Scarlet Rose
- Fidelyon… as much as I can get done; another 10-15 chapters
- What does death smell like? Why do I even need to know this?
- Wolf claw scars No, I don’t want makeup stuff to pretend I’ve scars of my own
- Fooling a polygraph Can I take one and see the results?
- How quickly does a bruise form? Depends… but it won’t look black and purple five minutes after the blow
- How far can a wolf hear? Five to ten miles, depending on where they are
- From a blog I follow: If Gandalf Replied to Spam Mails
- I also wrote another article for Kingdom Pen: Twenty-Seven Examples of Ways to Bend Cliches
Finally, as some of you know, I’ve been helping with Kingdom Pen for a year or two now. Well, this month I became director of the Kingdom Pen writing team! Or, to be more specific, I am the Kingdom Pen Writing Team Captian… with possession of all the puns related to the term of Captian – from ship talk to Steve Roger.
What are some of your most recent Google searches? How have you been doing? Also… would you all be terribly sorry if I stopped Caption Challenges in a month or two? Feel free to chat below or ask me questions.