I’d been hoping June would be a ‘get back into a regular routine’ month. *insane laugh* Yeah. Like that happened. I have been getting some writing done. About half the amount I’d like to be doing, but still… It’s not like I’ve not done anything else.
For example, there was that overnight train trip to Pittsburgh.
That was quite the experience. I did manage to get a few hours of sleep… I think. And I walked through the train several times, ending up in the observation car (with glass windows for walls) and writing poems at 3:30 a.m.
The reason I was in Pittsburgh? A Kingdom Pen staff retreat! I’ve told you all about Kingdom Pen before. It’s an organization for young Christian writers and is a great place. It was wonderful to be able to meet and spend several days, in person, with most of the Kingdom Pen staff. Besides planning out goals for the next year, we also went to a Breakout Room (where we got out of with one minute and fifty seconds to spare), toured parts of Pittsburgh, played games, and generally had a great time.
That took up four days early in the month and effectively sapped my strength for a week. Then there was a zoo trip one weekend and a trip to Iowa as I speak. Basically, lots of things going on. Not that I’m complaining but… I’m realizing how much I really like my normal schedule. XD
Waiting for the train. You can see its light over my shoulder.
We went to an Escape Room! And made it out with a minute and fifty seconds to spare. That was quite a thrilling experience.
Touring Pittsburgh one evening. In which I stare dramatically off into the distance because I could think of nothing else when told to ‘do something’.
- Scarlet Rose: Ummm… three or four chapters? Like I said, I’ve got half the writing done I’d like to do.
- Fidelyon: 18,764 words/5 chapters rewritten – again, not as much as I’d like. It’s coming, though.
- Rose of the Oath: PUBLISHED! Get it for free here!
- Outline and start a Snow White retelling for the Rooglewood contest
- Finish Scarlet Rose
- Fidelyon… as much as I can get done; maybe 10 chapters?
- Write 35,000 words for Camp NaNo.
- How long does it take to burn through half inch rope? apparently, there is some riddle involving burning rope. That isn’t quite what I was talking about, Google.
- What does burning flesh smell like? apparently, you can’t forget it. Ok… I’ll leave it at that for now, I suppose.
- How long does it take to strangle someone? 7-14 to around 30 seconds to pass out. Several minutes to actually kill someone.
- how long will someone be unconscious from a choke hold? See, I’m not planning on actually strangling them.
- Third-degree burn scars on hands cause reasons
- Second-degree burns because I’m not completely heartless. Besides, third-degree burns take too long to heal and cause too much damage than I need. At this point.
- This article from a blog I follow made me laugh: If Lord of the Rings was a YA Dystopian Novel
Yep. Pretty much. XD
How have you all been doing this month? Any great plans or fun reads or crazy searches? Are any of you taking part in Camp NaNo?