Last year, summer was crazy but it kinda calmed down in the fall. Not this year. I mean, yeah. Might be my fault. Not all of it though.
Like the part about running the house for a full week while both my parents and my sister are gone to bring my brother home from Boot Camp… I’m very proud of my brother, by the way. But pride doesn’t correct the papers of four kids when I’m doing all of their school.
But hey, such is life.
Or so they tell me.
Moving on… I BOUGHT A CAR. IMAGINE THAT?
Finally. About time. It’s a 2007 Hyundai Sonata.
Its name is Nightblood.
Also, I had a birthday. And I got sais. Also very cool. Now to learn to use them–frankly, to use any and all my weapons in general.
Oh, yeah. I also got a costume from the Halloween section at Goodwill and found random train tracks outside a friend’s house at a bridal party. I’m not good at normal party things, guys. Just saying.
- Around 46k on Rebel Heir. The novel is now around 120k long. But I’m coming up on the third plot point now!
- Wrote a few articles for my blog
- Came up with a random idea for a book and wrote the first characteristic scene just for fun. I’d show you but then you’d have to wait a few years for the book, so maybe not the best thing.
- Came up with and outlined a novelette currently titled Amaria Nahvon. It is a Hades and Persephone/Castor and Pollux retelling. Very cool.
Goals for October:
- Finish the rough draft of Rebel Heir
- Yeah, that’s it. Because watching kids. And my brother home from Boot Camp. Then going to the Hocking Hills for five days. Busy. So I’ll either get less writing done than normal–or maybe more because I will have less time and so will be focused on it. I’ll let you know next month how it goes.
It’s fall, guys.